Last week was quite an adventure. I had tons of fun, learned a lot, made memories and new friends and altogether, enjoyed the week immensely.
The week did not start out as planned. Dad took me down to the Aeschliman's house ,where I would be staying for the week, on Saturday instead of on Sunday as was the previous plan because of a severe snow storm that was supposed to hit on Sunday. Classes were supposed to start on Monday, but due to severe cold, -50 wind-chill at times and a level three snow emergency (illegal to be on the roads) we stayed home Monday and Tuesday. Classes started on Wednesday and we were kept busy doing catch up the next three days. On Wednesday we did extra classes after supper and we did classes Saturday morning as well. The teachers did a great job of combining classes and we got most of the material in in the time we had.
Thursday night we had volley ball at a local school gym. I didn't play because of my back, but I enjoyed watching and taking several hundred pictures.
Friday night we had pizza brought in for supper and played games after that. I usually do not like group games very much but I enjoyed myself that night. There was lots of laughter and fellowship.
As I said earlier, we had three classes Saturday morning to finish up, then the rest of the day was spent recording our singing, practicing and setting up for the program which started at six. The program went well. My family came a little early and brought a surprise with them....my best friend Kristina. It was nice to have her there. I will be posting a video of the program soon....I have some editing to do before it will be ready.
Below are some pictures of Bible School. There were 31 students, 19 of whom were first year students and 4 teachers, or as one of the men who had a devotional said, we really had five teachers....old man winter being one of them! That was a lesson of patience and accepting whatever the Lord sends our way.
Some good news....I got my manuscript review back from my publishers today and it was very positive. The only things they pointed out that need editing were things like punctuation, capitalization and some occasional miss spellings. I expected to have a whole lot more than that to work on so I was very pleased with their report. They will begin editing it shortly now...that will take about 4-5 weeks, then once I get the drawings from my illustrator, it shouldn't be too long until it's published. I'm expecting to have it ready by May-June.